CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009 already?

So, it's been over a month and no sign of me. I know. I apologize to both of my readers! LOL

Life in the Rojas house has been really good. Daniel is finished with college as of December and will walk the stage to receive his degree in May. I am ecstatic. We're still very back and forth on what to do come September when his enlistment is up. We have so many options and we just want to make the right decision.

Jacoby is playing basketball and loves having Dad as his coach once again. Between the two of them basketball has taken over my home. I'm a bit tired of hearing about the high post and this defense, and that offense. Maybe because I don't understand it as much as I do football. On that note, don't ask me about the Superbowl. I hated the Steelers before I knew they had the officials on their payroll. Kurt Warner will always be in my top 3 QBs of all time.

Josiah. Oh my how he has grown and changed since December. He is now 17.4lbs and only 24.5 inches. Poor lil guy is built like his mama. Even has her legs, I'm afraid. But he's so smart and so fun. Really the happiest baby I've ever seen. He laughs and smiles at everything, babbles (he says 'baba' and 'mama' now), sits up completely unsupported for a half hour or more. And he eats. A lot. Hasn't met a food he doesn't like yet. His last name is Rojas. So far he loves peaches, blueberries, squash and green beans, and on the list of unconventional baby food that he likes are avocadoes, mashed potatoes, and Daddy's LJS chicken. He had it off the plate and in his mouth before we even knew what happened. He would also rather not be bothered by scooting or crawling or rolling to get a toy that's out of reach. If he's sitting on his blanket he'll just pull the blanket towards him until said toy is ready to be stuck firmly in his mouth. Ahh, love the drool.

I'm doing ok. I have a dear friend who I've actually never met face to face, but you'd never know it. She has become my accountability partner, and I hers, in our quest to drop the baby weight. Darn us for gaining 60lbs with our boys! The unfortunate thing about us as partners is that we both are too easy and sympathetic on each other. For example:

Her - "I didn't get a chance to do my workout today."
Me - "That's ok, you're chasing a toddler around all day."

Me - "I could've done much better on my diet today."
Her - "Ah well, don't beat yourself up, just do better tomorrow."

She's lost 6lbs and I've gained 1. Go figure.

Maybe it's because I'm watching "Chocolate-covered Weekend" on the Food Network....



And by the way, that 1lb was after a 4lb water weight gain during AF after which I lost 3. I know I know. "Justification is a sign of carnality." Ah the things you learn in Bible college.

1 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

I had no idea you were blogging....
So glad to see you here!!!!

I kinda fell off the Myspace bandwagon - I felt kinda bad about it - especially the part where I lost contact with my favorites - (sorry, Im a dud) but now you're here and I can read all about your preciousness and stuff... Very, very glad!!!